Striped Monkey Design

Things I've Learned at Art School

Posted on 7:00 PM | By Meg | In , ,

I'm almost done with my first quarter at Savannah College of Art and Design. These past few weeks have flown by so fast. It's been a whirlwind of learning, adjustments, and just plain fun!

I learned it is not worth your time and effort to cut your own matting board with an exacto blade and ruler. Go down to Primary and get it cut. It's worth the 50 cents. You won't go nuts, and waste so much material. ALWAYS ask for the scraps. You can use them for bookmarks, a mat for cutting things on. You can use scraps. Promise.

I learned to use my bike to get around. Parking in down town Savannah is IMPOSSIBLE... sometimes even for bikes. Always lock your bike. Even then, I've seen bikes taken from bike racks when you only lock up the front wheel. There's some bike wheels locked up at certain buildings and bike racks. It's funny actually.

I learned to go out when you can. I've made it a habit that if some activity doesn't interfere with my classes, or sleep, I'm there. This has been a great way to meet people and to get me out of the house and onto campus!

Never miss a SCAD party... that explains it's self.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment